10.02.2007

YAHOO avatars

This is really cool. I never knew that anything like this existed outside of the video game world. It is kind of similar to the Tiger Woods game. I like the different apparel that you can dress your character in. You can also change the expressions on the face, like happy or sad, and you can even change expression in the eyes. There are plenty of clothing options and accessories, like bags and jewelry. The avatar program is really in depth. I never thought it would have so many choices. I guess we have come a long way in making a personality for ourselves on the Internet. We are no longer just words...there are now cartoon faces to help with those words. You can even tell a story about yourself with one picture, whether you are getting married to taking a shower. I love this! Yahoo messenger has been around for awhile, but it seems to be less popular with the introduction of sites like Myspace and Facebook. Those sites offer the real you, but Yahoo avatar is much more fun and creative. Who doesn't want to be turned into a cartoon character?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you have any suggestions for Yahoo? Especially in terms of competing against sites such as Myspace/Facebook.

Personally, I didn't know much about avatars...When I created one I, like you, fell in love with it bc it was fun and creative. Do you think they should advertise this more?